Please be very observant of dates. Packets are due:
- July 30th for Fall Semester acceptance
- April 15th for Summer acceptance
MLT board interviews (Time and Date) will be sent to you via email. Make sure you submit a good email address in your packet.
The requirements are as follows:
- A $40 application fee (non-refundable) MONEY ORDER (made payable to SUSF). Please submit in package.
- College GPA of 2.5 higher
- A Sealed Official Transcript from ALL colleges attended (including SUSLA). E-Scripts are acceptable.
- HESI Entrance exam. This exam is not a pass or fail but an exam used to evaluate the student’s learning style. Cost - $40
- Completed application returned by the deadline date list above
- Official Louisiana Immunization record
- Brief narrative of intent-“Why Chose to be a Medical Lab Technician”
- Three (3) letters of reference (Forms are included in the application packet)
- Interview with MLT Interview Committee (TBA)
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be in sufficient mental and physical health to meet the minimum Essential Functions and Technical Standards. The standards are listed on page 2.
Please understand that admission into this phase of the program is competitive and the number of students selected depends strictly on the available clinical affiliates. If you have any questions in regards to the application or requirements, please feel free to contact my office at (318) 670-9350 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.