- Academy of Excellence
- Career Opportunities
- Employee Confidentiality
- Statement of Non-Discrimination
- Faculty Handbook
- Performance Planning and Review System (Civil Service)
- Policy & Procedures
- Tobacco Policy
- Time-sheet Information
- Group Benefits Program
- Teachers' Retirement Eligibility
- Tuition Waiver and Payroll Deduction
- Workplace Violence
The Academy of Excellence
The Academy of Excellence is to provide leadership in creating more effective and efficient opportunities for professional faculty and staff development.
It is the mission of the Academy of Excellence to build leadership and management capacities by promoting the effectiveness of faculty and staff related to instruction, professional development, organizational development, research, and community/societal service.
- Lead, advance, and support campus initiatives that influence the educational mission of the college.
- Actualize partnerships with all relevant campus programs, units, departments, and school in order to foster an institutional culture of teaching excellence and to promote behaviors that enhance workplace effectiveness.
- Faculty will infuse current educational methodologies (pedagogical and andragogical theories and practices) into courses to enhance student learning, increase student engagement, ultimately increasing student retention and success.
Professional development is not just a series of events. Rather, parts of a coherent, focused program designed to elicit a specific outcomes.
- Direct the University’s professional development through research, needs assessments and evaluations.
- Encourage broad-based ownership of professional development by involving every segment of the University community.
- Integrate professional development into the University structure by including responsive programs and recognition of success.
- Support the priorities established in SUSLA's Strategic Plan.