Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Health Information Technology, students will be able to:
- Verify the documentation in the health record is timely, complete, and accurate according to organizational policies, external regulations, and standards.
- Evaluate the accuracy of diagnostic and procedural coding and groupings according to the principles and applications of classification systems.
- Comply with professional and ethical standards of practice according to program, clinical site, and AHIMA Code of Ethics.
- Apply HIM-related software applications utilizing an electronic health record (e.g. health record, release of information, and coding).
- Apply HIM knowledge of policies and procedures for confidentiality and security measures regarding the access and disclosure of protected health information (PHI) to authorized users.